Sunday, February 27

Rock Concert Under a Stormy Sky


So it's finally here.

Some of us, when we see how dark our skies are getting, we seem to sulk indoors in gloom. Some of us fear the thunder and lightning more than we should.

Of course, a good reason to fear lightning is that, well... I think it can kill? But if you keep your wits about and are careful enough, it's radical to watch nature's spectacular lights display.

I used to fear lightning. And thunder. Until that time when I was small, and I saw it outside in the open sky. It looked magnificent. It illuminated the dull, grey sky into flashes of blue and white. The thunder just completes it. There's just something about bright flashes of light and a deep rumble working as a team within the clouds.

It reminded me so much of the rock concerts. I know it's impractical, but regardless, I always wanted to see Linkin Park in a huge stadium, under a rainy thunderous sky with lightning light shows. If it was safe, how awesome would that be?

I was inspired by a conversation between a friend and I. He was telling me about what he was going through at the time, and said his clouds were starting to look grey. I wanted to find something to say to show I care, and you know those moments when the words just come to you? I had one of those moments. Wanting to cheer him up a bit, I said what I said. It was originally longer, but I condensed it to the caption in my piece.

Here are some progression pictures. After 5 days of working on it, it's finally finished. I hope this entry inspires you somehow. Rock on.



This one is my hand-drawn version, my first and foremost concept for this piece. I did not take it too far though. I tried working on, but I needed more room for error at this stage, so I re-drew it, scanned it and painted it digitally.



2 comments:

  1. hey nice man, good to see the finished digi version :)
    what program do you use?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Carl! I use Photoshop 7, pretty damn outdated but hey, it's like an old jacket to me :)

    ReplyDelete